04 Oct NYC “BACKPACKING” ADVENTURE
I spent the most amazing 24 hours in New York City last weekend. My husband had surprised me with tickets to Ed Sheeran’s Divide concert in Brooklyn for my birthday! Eeeek! 🤗 He’s one of my favorite artists so I was totally stoked.
When planning my quick trip, I was determined to pack light because I knew I’d be on the go all day experiencing the city prior to the concert. I packed EVERYTHING I needed in this little backpack that I scored for $7 at Cotton On. 😎
Here’s how I pulled it off:
- Strategically plan your outfits
- I packed three outfits with colors from the same family so that it was easy to mix and match if I decided to switch up my look last minute.
- I brought one pair of shoes – my favorite classic Adidas – which I was able to wear with everything and they complemented each outfit perfectly. So comfy chic!
- Bring fun accessories that can be used interchangeably.
- I chose dad-caps, scarves and sunglasses.
- Master the art of packing
- Roll up your clothes to save space.
- Take advantage of nifty compartments – pockets and laptop sleeves are my best friends.
I’m always known to pack light on my adventures but this was particularly challenging. I’m so glad I was able to pull it off. It definitely simplified my trip!
Try it out and let me know how it goes. 😬